Monday, March 14, 2016

From a sauna to an oven

So yesterday a new LDS Easter video came out. It is so amazing and incredible. I know that Jesus Christ died for our sins so that we can repent and live with our Father in Heaven again. The Atonement is such an amazing thing. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us with a burning, undying love. Please check out the video and share it with the hashtag #Hallelujah followhim.mormon.org

So this past week Sister Condie and I picked up 2 new investigators!! One has read half of the Book of Mormon by herself without us asking her to which is amazing. Tuesday we had District Meeting and Thursday we had Zone Conference with 4 other zones. Apparently the whole mission can't get together all at once so they have to break us in half for Zone Conferences.
I completely jinxed myself last week by being so excited about not hurting myself on my bike because I crashed into 2 garbage cans at full speed. My luck.
One of out less active members is taking us to the Mesa Easter Pageant Wednesday, and I am so incredibly excited for that! Tonight my whole zone is going to the member's house who the movie the Saratov Approach is about.  So that should be super cool and interesting.
Somehow my trainer talked me into joining the mission choir. So now I get to grace over 1000 people with my (not) so lovely voice next Sunday night and the Gilbert Temple visitor's center. Pray for those people haha
So for the past 3 or 4 days the high has been in the 60's and 70's. Who knew that the 60s and 70s would call for sweaters and long sleeve shirts?!? Hints the sweater I'm wearing while riding my bike.
The Armstrongs have all the Elders and Sisters in the zone over for breakfast each Monday. Great Grandma Armstrong keeps calling me Sister Krispy because she doesn't like the last name Kilsby, but she's over 90 years old..so there's NO WAY that I'm correcting here. She's super sassy for an elderly woman. She puts me in my place.
Tracting has been good until yesterday. Usually everyone is kind and is willing to listen to us even if they're not interested. We had 4 doors in a row literally slammed in our face. It's super discouraging, but I have to keep going. Keep trucking - it's all we can do.
I appreciate all of the letters, prayers, and love that I have received from all of you! It's what is helping me survive day to day. I love you all and hope yall have an amazing week!!

One picture is of the San Tan mountains, and the others of me are right before we went out to go tracting.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment