Monday, April 11, 2016

have faith, pray, and love the rain

So not a lot happened at the beginning of the week, but Tuesday I did do family history. I found out I have royalty on my dad's side of the family. So I'm ready to take my claim to the English throne. Just kidding, but honestly.

Wednesday I was so nervous about exchanges, but it was the best day of my mission (which is really sad, and says a lot). I handed out my first 3 copies of the Book of Mormon AND we picked up 2 new investigators. One is a scary looking guy with lots and lots of tattoos and piercings, but he is the most amazing and polite guy that I've met. After we left his home he text us and thanked us over and over again for stopping and taking the time to talk to him. So I've learned to never judge a book by it's cover! We're actually going over and teaching him today. This is the most excited I've been in 6 weeks!!
We also started teaching a less active. I though I would be sneaky and tell him that I just needed practice to teach the lessons. When we got to his house to teach him..He told me he knew what I was going. I was so embarrassed, but he thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. During the lesson he started crying (which means I started balling). He told us that he hadn't felt the spirit so strongly since he got off of his mission.
We went to the Reed's house on Friday. They're the most amazing family that I've ever met. Every time I talk to them it's like talking to my own mom and dad! Well we went over there to get bread that we left the night before, and to give them a little lesson. It ended up turning into almost 5 hours of service of us washing their horses, loading wax into bullet shells, finding gopher holes, and helping them irrigate ALL while wearing dresses. That takes talent.
On Saturday we went to stake conference, and got the less active member we're teaching to come with us!! There were 3 general authorities, our mission president, and almost 1,000 members there. In the middle of Elder Gay's talk he stopped and invited me to come up and bear my testimony. I can't tell you everything I said, but the other missionaries said that there was not one dry eye. I know I was crying like a baby. So I got to bear my testimony in front of 3 general authorities and my mission president. I'm still freaking out about it a little bit.
I've been having a little bit of a hard time. This Tuesday or so in my prayers I prayed for Heavenly Father to show me a sign, to prove to me that I really needed to be here. For the next few days I prayed for that. Friday I prayed for rain, and that day it drizzled a little. The next day I prayed for rain, and it did for about an hour or so. Yesterday I prayed for Heavenly Father to show me that I needed to be here and that I was doing the right thing. I also prayed for rain. It poured the whole day. I realized how stupid I was the whole 3 days. Heavenly Father was giving me the rain as an answer to my prayers. It's such a simple thing, but answers to all of our prayers usually are. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. All we need to be patient and humble ourselves so that we will hear/see the answers, and get the courage and strength to get on our knees to pray. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there for us with open arms. They're just waiting for us to turn around and to step into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment