Monday, April 4, 2016

ONE MONTH IN ARIZONA!!!

Here in the Queen Creek Zone we do service. We've done 40+ hours of service in the last 2 weeks and I'm loving it!!

So my week started out pretty rough. On Monday night we went to our recent convert's home. She anti-ed us and told us she didn't believe in the church anymore. It was extremely hard for Sister Condie and I to hear, but don't worry. Sister Roussel in one of our wards came to the rescue and got each of us a pint of tonight dough. So I cried and got chubby.
The next day we got to clean out a hoarders garage which was gross, but fun at the same time. She let the missionaries keep whatever they wanted to, so the elders came out with a bunch of weird stuff. That night we went to dinner at a member's house and I held their son's HUGE snake! (those faces are faces of pure joy by the way) My companion chickened out and wouldn't touch the snake. I'm about done with the whole bike thing. (just kidding because then I wouldn't have a way to get around) BUT we rode 15 miles in less than 3 hours on our bikes, and -sorry mom- over half of it was on the highway. I ran into 2 trashcans, a pole, ran off of the curbs several times, and ripped my skirt. GOOD NEWS though; I didn't fall off of my bike once during any of that chaos. Also this week we mucked out over 120 horse stalls. It wasn't bad until the elders of the San Tan Zone decided to throw horse poo poo at me. I almost threw up. Elders are kind of nasty.Anyway flash back to the MTC..I met an Elder Lyman from Gilbert, Arizona and it turns out that I'm in his family's ward! Thursday we had dinner with his mom, and Friday we had dinner with them and some of his aunts and uncles. His mom and family are so amazing. It's honestly like a home away from home.
In the Saturday Afternoon Session of General Conference my mission president got called to be one of the men in the quorum of the 70, which is right under the 12 apostles. That's apparently why he is leaving in July. The choir during one of the sessions was from BYU Idaho. It was so fun picking out people I know. This sentence will never come from me again, but it makes me miss BYUI.
This upcoming week and month will be stressful in the best kind of way. My Zone Leaders assigned me to do training for my whole zone (about 20 missionaries) tomorrow during our weekly meeting. On Wednesday I'm going on exchanges with another Sister Missionary. This means that my leader companion is leaving me the whole day, and I get a different companion for that day. It also means that I am in charge of what we do for the day, and I have to navigate us around Queen Creek (pray for the Sister that has to come with me).
Somehow they talked my companion and I into singing at expanded Zone Conference and at a missionary homecoming this month. Expanded Zone Conference is where they have 3 or 4 stakes come together and our mission president will talk to them. These people that asked us to sing are obviously deaf, because I sound like a dying whale.

With all that being said: Work is extremely slow, and it's getting more hard as the days pass. I know that all will be well though, and that the Lord will help us through it and the rest of our struggles. Do your best and the Lord will do the rest!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment