Monday, May 9, 2016

1/8 of the way done

So it feels like a lot happened this week, but I guess the heat has gotten to my brain. The highlight of my week hands down was Skyping my amazing family yesterday! It's just what I needed. It was so weird hearing someone call me Logan and not Sister Kilsby. #Trunky
Sister Young and I made the wonderful decision of eating at a hole in the wall gas station last Monday to get burritos. It was seriously the best Mexican food I've eaten since I've been here!
We talked to a random old couple who's names were Rose and Jack. I lost it laughing because I thought it was hilarious. Needless to say they didn't think it was funny and told us to go away.
Wednesday Sister Young and I decided we would bike all day in the Riggs ward and bike up to the mountains to tract on Peace Pipe (wonderful name, right?). It was probably the best worst decision that we've made (besides the gas station food). It got up to 110 degrees that day, and all of the houses had gates in front of them so we couldn't go inside. We finally got to a house where someone would answer the door. This is horrible to admit, but I love when it's burning hot outside while we're biking because people feel sorry for us and let us in. #miracles? Anyway this lady answered the door and was telling her dogs to come inside, but I thought she was telling us to come inside..so I walked past her into her house. She didn't say anything at first, but we had an awesome lesson with her and she told us to come back! I have a lot of weird first impressions. Sister Young always laughs at me because of them. We'll just meet random people, and I'll give them huge hugs. It works though.
Saturday night our ward had a rodeo at the Thomas' ranch. It was the funniest thing that I've ever seen. These people are more redneck than the Mississippians. They had the kids chase down greased pigs, chickens, and goats.
One of our less active families wants us to start teaching their children and get them ready for baptism! The grandpa lives with them, and he's deaf. I've been learning how to say things in sign language. It's pretty awesome.
I added pictures of my area. I bike through these fields almost every day, and this is what half of our area looks like. I thought I was going to hate it at first, but it's so awesome and comforting. I couldn't have hand picked a better area. It makes me appreciate all that I have, and makes me want to work harder. I love biking through the field and being able to soak in everything that Heavenly Father has given us. We're all so extremely blessed. Take the time this week to really notice the little things that Heavenly Father has blessed us with!

Mosiah 7:33 "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."










 

No comments:

Post a Comment