Monday, May 2, 2016

2 months in the Royal City...Wait what?

So I've seriously been out of the MTC for 2 months. This is insane. I almost started crying because time is going by so fast! The days feel like weeks, the weeks feel like days, and the months feel like years. That's the best way I know how to describe missionary time.
I absolutely love the mission. It's so hard, but it's worth it. Especially when you see someone change. That's the best part - knowing that this isn't me helping and changing these people..it's the Lord helping them. The worst part of the mission is not knowing what you're doing. The best part is that no missionary knows what they're doing. I've learned that really fast! Also it's amazing that the Lord trust these idiots (including myself) to spread His gospel to His children. I love when all of the missionaries get together (or a group of us). It makes me feel like a real person again, and not "just a missionary". We all joke around and laugh and stuff. It's great to know that so many others have the same struggles as I do (like figuring out the area, not knowing what to do, etc.) That sounds strange, but it's true.
Sister Young and I still don't know what we're doing, but we're biking EVERYWHERE. I love it and hate it all at the same time. I have the gnarliest Toms tan line, but that's one of the many missionary perks.
This week I got a package from my home ward, and I cried for a good hour. I loved all of the goodies and letters from the young men and women and the other members of the ward. It made my whole week, and it gives me something to look back and read when I am going through a rough day while I'm out here.
We're working with a less active, Jared, and he invited his less active friend, steven, to our lesson this week. Jared has also started coming to our lessons with our investigator, Aaron. It's amazing to see how the gospel changes lives, like I said above. It's so amazing. Jared wasn't really receptive about 2 months ago, and now he is out teaching with us!!
On Saturday we had service in Florence which is literally the desert, and we drove through a prison. But don't worry. I'm okay. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I came to Arizona. Also, Savannah went through the temple for herself on Saturday. It was the most amazing and spiritual day that I have had since I've been here. It made me think of when I went through the temple for the first time. 
I know that coming on this mission was the right decision for my life. I know without a doubt that I am here for a reason






 

No comments:

Post a Comment