Monday, May 16, 2016

Angels in the outfield

This week has been so amazing and full of miracles. It's honestly so wonderful to see things happen when you just put every single thing and care aside and focus all you have on the Lord and His gospel.
Sister Young and I started teaching the children of a less active family, and they both want to get baptized! We also met with our awesome eternigator (eternal investigator), Joy. She's been meeting with the missionaries for a while, but she's never really progressed or read the Book of Mormon. We got her to start reading the Book of Mormon and we have a return appointment with her this week! Aaron is also back on date for May 28th, and is going so strong. We had a lesson with our less active's friend, Steven..who is also less active. It's so awesome to see the people we work with reach out to their friends. In each of our wards we picked up a new gator! Chris, Martha, and Jill. Sunday topped it all off: Steven, Jared, and Aaron all came to church and sat with us. We had a pew full of boys. It looked super funny.
We taught Aaron about the Plan of Salvation this week and in all seriousness he asked "So do you think 2 Pac and Biggie are homies chilling in Heaven now..?" Yes, Aaron, yes. Definitely homies now.
This week it seriously felt like it got up to a million degrees...turns out it was only 110, and that it gets up to 120 here. Like what? The first thing I do when I get home is go straight to the lake...I have 15 months left, but a girl can dream, right?
Our zone this week had Family Home Afternoon. It's where we all play games together and have a little "us" time.
On Friday we went to the temple, which was amazing, and afterwards we all went to Kneaders. That's what the polaroid picture is from! The nut head elder in the front picking his nose is Elder Faulkenberry.
The last picture is from dinner last night. Brinlee wanted me to take a picture of our CTR rings together. She ran to her room and showed it to me. She told me she wanted to always wear it so she can be like the Sister Missionaries.
What I love about teaching people is that I feel like I learn more from them than they learn from me. I've learned so much about the importance of family, being self sufficient, love, trust, and the Lord from the people that we've taught. I've also learned a lot from just simply being here on my mission. It's so amazing to see how these short 3 months have changed me and my views on life. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and their teachings. I know that the plan of salvation is the plan of happiness - that it is here so that we can know how to get back to our Father in Heaven one day. I know that Joseph Smith, at 14 years old, went to the grove to pray about which church was true and saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that every single word in the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus are always there for us. They always have their arms outstretched waiting for us to come to them with our problems. I have a huge testimony of prayer. I know that ALL of our prayers get answered - no matter how big or small they are. We may not get the answer we want, but we will always get an answer. I know that this gospel is true. I know that I am out here for a reason - that all of this is for a reason. I'm not out here biking in 110+ degree weather just for the fun of it. I know that Heavenly Father needs me to help spread His gospel. I know that this is all true.

Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment