Monday, May 23, 2016

Brownie for my brownie

So I just wanted to start off by saying I've been counting the days wrong this whole time..I'VE BEEN OUT FOR 3 MONTHS and NOT 2! This is a miracle!! #Hallelujah
Time sure flies when you're having fun, serving the Lord, and cooking like a pancake.
This has honestly been the longest week of my life. I've never had this many appointments and places to be since I got to Arizona. It's so amazing to see our areas and the work boom.
Some of our recent converts moved this week, so before they did we went to the temple with them. Even though Sister Young and I couldn't do baptisms, being in the room and the chapel watching the Cooks do baptisms was so spiritual and amazing.
On Wednesday we had interviews with President Nattress, and before interviews we washed our car at the wonderful time of 7 am. The Senior Missionaries forgot to check our car..so we got up to wash it for nothing. After interviews we had a lesson with a less active family. The children told us they wanted to get baptized so we're going to put them on date in tonight's lesson! After the lesson Sister Young and I were walking around in Riggs trying to find a house...and we found a church. The music was so loud we could hear it from 2 streets over, so obviously we had to check it out. Tons of Hispanics came out of the church, took us by the hands, and ran inside. They were jamming out with tambourines and were singing at the top of their lungs. It was the funniest thing that's happened on my mission so far.  
We surprise visited Joy this week, and it was so amazing. She's changed so much since I first met with her 3 months ago. We read 3 verses out of the Book of Mormon. When we were done, she had tears in her eyes and asked if we could read more.
Aaron's baptism date moved..again, but this time it's legit and staying. On Sunday he came to a new member Fireside with us to listen to recent convert's testimonies. It was so amazing, and we could all feel the spirit so strongly. Afterwards Aaron told us that he couldn't wait for his own baptism. It's so wonderful to see Heavenly Father help people, and to see the light of the gospel enter into their lives.
So every Friday we have a 3 hour planning time to plan for our upcoming week. About an hour 1/2 into it the Elders got...a little side tracked (that's what the video is of). This is what happens when you put 18 18-24 year olds together.
Also the goobs gazing at each other in the middle of our zone picture are in our district. #bless
Sister Young and I always have the best ideas ever (if by best you mean dumb). We decided to tape glow sticks to our fans. Friday after planning I was practicing the piano, and my pencil fell down behind the keys. My hand couldn't fit, so Sister Young and I got tongs and tried to get the pencil out..the tongs broke and fell down into the piano. So when someone goes to tune that piano one day..they will find tongs and a pencil. Help. 

I hope everyone has an amazing week and remember that everything happens for a reason, and remember the wonderful words from the Help: "You is smart, you is kind, and you is important."
Stay Golden!









No comments:

Post a Comment