Monday, May 30, 2016

Transfer Week #StressedToDeath

So we were supposed to get transfer calls last night, but President decided that he would send them out today instead. So we're just sitting around and playing the waiting game to see if we're leaving the area or not. 
All of the senior missionaries are leaving and new ones are coming in. The mission president is leaving July 1st. Change is good, but not knowing what's going to happen is scary. It's all in Heavenly Father's hands though. I know it is.
My #1 advice for preparing missionaries is to break in your shoes before you leave for your mission. Sister Young and I have no miles left for the last 3 days, and we decided to walk all day yesterday - which was the worst idea I've had. My shoes rubbed knurly blisters on the back of my heels, but that's okay. It's a sign of hard work...or stupidity..or something like that. Just don't follow my example and wear new shoes when you walk all day. 
Somehow I got Sister Young and I into talking to all of the youth in each on one of our wards yesterday, and into our speaking in church next month AND into a musical number. How do I keep getting myself into these things?
Not a lot happened this week. Aaron didn't get baptized because he went on vacation with his family, but he did bring us little souvenirs so that makes up for it. He is going to get baptized though; He said he's definitely planning on it within the next 2 weeks. He's GOLDEN! 
Joy has been investigating the church for about a year now, and yesterday was the first time she came to church AND she asked for a priesthood blessing! Her heart has softened towards the gospel so much since I first met her 3 months ago. 
The Jackson's children, Haylie and Robert, are both on date for baptism on June 8th! 
It's so amazing to see the gospel change people's lives. I love being able to help people see that they are so loved by Heavenly Father and that they are literally His sons and daughters.
I definitely think that I needed this mission more than it needed me. 
I have seen a change in myself that is so great. I have never wanted to dig into the gospel so much or thrived off of reading the scriptures. I love being in Arizona. I love serving the Lord. It is so tough at times - really all the time, but it's so worth it. Every tear, every drop of sweat, every slammed door, every baptism, every blister - it's all worth it. If I had to die for this gospel I would. It's all worth it, and it's all true. I can never stress that enough. 

Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my graces sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Have an amazing week and STAY GOLDEN! ☀

1. Caity and Maddie from the Creekside Ward
2. Grandma Patsy and I. She's the spunkiest old lady I've ever met!
3. My young Women from the Cloud Creek Ward
4. My rad foot tan
5. The hottest hot sauce you will ever eat in your life. Some old man we had dinner with tricked me into eating it, and my mouth was raw for days. 





No comments:

Post a Comment