Monday, June 20, 2016

Baptism by fire

So this week was packed with tons of fun and weird adventures. We had exchanges on Wednesday, and I got the opportunity to be companions with Sister Bolormaa for a day! She's from Mongolia, and she's just about one of the most funny people that I have met in my life. We laughed and laughed the whole day that she and I were together. 
I had a bad day on Tuesday and I got extremely homesick, but it's okay because my zone leaders came to the rescue with the most fattening ice cream they could find! It definitely didn't make me look better, but it did make me feel better. 
I saw my first scorpion on Wednesday night! So of course I had to get a picture of it with my name tag. Are you a real Arizona missionary if you don't?
We went to the temple on Friday and it was so spiritual. I love my new zone. I never thought I'd like it as much as Queen Creek, and I think I like it a little more than QC. Every time we get together we all just crack up and laugh over nothing. 
Sister Gasu is the greatest companion ever! I love her so much. We're always having fun, and always getting into the best kind of trouble - especially with Sisters Sprouse and Sabey.
Last night was President Nattress' last fireside. Sister Gasu and I wanted to go to bad, but we didn't have a less active or recent convert to invite and we had invited about 20 different people that all turned us down. We prayed and told Heavenly Father that no matter how much we wanted to go..we absolutely would not go unless we had someone with us. Right at that moment a less active in our ward called us and told us that she would LOVE to go with us! So that's definitely a testimony to me of miracles coming from obedience. 

The work is moving slowly but surely. I have to say it's definitely hot and uncomfortable out here, the elders are annoying as snot, the rejection is real, the people are sometimes crazy, and we cry a lot..but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I know I say that a lot. I'm so thankful for every single one of my hard heart aching trails because it has made me the strong woman that I am today. That's what I've learned this week. Learn to love your trails. No matter how hard or horrible they were...they've helped shape you into the wonderful person you are today. 

1. Sister Bolormaa and I :) 
2. Death in a carton
3. I was definitely freaking out while taking this picture
4. Sisters Sabey, Sprouse, and I
5. My precious zone.
6. Sister Gasu and I just being natural
7. Getting into the best kind of trouble








8&9. We're so disgusting. Please turn your ovens on 120 degrees, hop inside, and tell me how gross you feel. That's what I voluntarily do every day. Baptism by fire is a real thing yall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment