Monday, June 13, 2016

Round 1 in D-Ridge

HELLO EAST MESA. I am now serving in Desert Ridge in the Stafford Estates, Mountain Ranch, and Meridian Pointe wards. I'm not going to lie I wasn't excited about getting transferred at all, but I'm so glad that I did! I love my old area and it was so hard to say goodbye to everyone, but I feel so much more at home here and it hasn't even been a week yet.
Let's start with my new companion Sister Gasu (Nah-Sue). She is Samoan, and she is probably the funniest person I have ever met in my whole entire life. I honestly didn't know you could get along with your companions like this. We're always laughing. ALWAYS. 
Sister Sprouse, my MTC companion, is in the same house as I am. I'm so excited. This transfer is going to be good. Also Sister Gasu was Sister Condie's last companion. I'm just meant to have all of Sister Condie's old companions I guess. There is this insane body builder in our ward. Her name is Marla Murry. PLEASE look her up. I had dinner with them my first night, and it took everything in me just not to stare at her huge muscles the whole dinner. It was crazy. Also a lady in our ward is the mom of the drummer of the band Lifehouse. I fan girled real hard. 
We were tracting and knocked on this one door. There was a cute little Indian man that talked to us for a good 45 minutes. We honestly got about 5 words in. He thanked us the whole time for coming to visit him. He kept telling us "It is 102 at 2 o clock in the morning. believe me. Trust me. It is so hot here. believe me." As we were standing there drenched in sweat. I believe you so much. He also gave us water bottles that he drank out of! I've never laughed so hard in my life. But hey, at least he was nice. It's the thought that counts..right?
I'm so sorry this email is super short, but all that happened was transfers and the fact that we literally tried not to melt to death. It got up to 120 degrees here. I don't know how people voluntarily come and live in Arizona. It feels like I stepped straight into an oven, and that my skin is going to crust off. 
1. Sister Holbrook and I
2. THE LYMANS!!
3. Tattooed Aaron
4. The Lamb's
5. The Hahn's
6. The Reed's 
7. Sister Roussel (s/o to her because she gave me a cheesecake mix to make me fat.)
8. The "cast" for Moroni's Quest
9. Proof of the HEAT. Literally melting away.
10. Sister Gasu and I









No comments:

Post a Comment