Monday, July 11, 2016

Peace out D-Ridge. It's been real.

So the poopy thing about this week is that I got 6 weekend. That means I was only in this area for 1 transfer. I'm super bummed about about it because I LOVE Desert Ridge. It feels like I'm leaving home, but I know it's okay. Heavenly Father knows what He's doing :) I've never grown so much in my life, and as much as I hate to admit it..Sister Gasu is amazing. I have learned so much from her, and I've never had so much fun before!
So enough of the gushy.. This Monday was 4th of July - obviously- and it was kind of stinky not being at home. We got together as a zone Monday night and played games with the Elders. And let me tell you..it's not fun playing apples to apples with a bunch of 18 year old boys who have no attention span! We ate lunch with Sister Christensen. She's an old lady from Baton Rouge, LA and she knows a lot of the Blalocks back home! She's the funniest old lady that I've ever met. She roped us into checking on her insane dog while she's out of town for the next 3 weeks. 
On Wednesday we had zone conference with our new mission president - who is absolutely AMAZING by the way! We definitely got some kind of lucky with him. The elders played human knots and we had to tell them how to get out of the knot. It was the funniest thing I've seen since I've been out. 
On Thursday I went on exchanges with my STL, Sister Burton. It was super fun, but I had no idea where I was going..so we walked around in one neighborhood trying to figure everything out for about 3 hours straight.
Bad news: we didn't get into one house. Good news: my foot tan looks even more rad now. We ate dinner at the Adam's house. Sister Adams mother was there, and I swear I've seen her before but She's from Brasil and only speaks Portuguese.  She sat by me at dinner and spoke to me the whole entire time. All I could do was laugh my head off because I had no clue what she was saying to me! Then she started tearing up when she was talking to me. Her daughter told me that she said that we "share the same saints", that I'm her lost daughter that she was meant to find here on earth. It's crazy how language isn't a barrier, and how much you can feel connected to someone. 
So last night Sister G and I ran into some of our potentials out walking around. We asked what they were doing and they were playing the new Pokemon game! That's about the smartest game I've seen. So the little girl let me catch a Pokemon. I feel super legit now. 

"I also learned by my own experience that spiritual light rarely comes to those who merely sit in darkness, waiting for someone to flip a switch. It takes an act of faith to open our eyes to the light of Christ. Twenty years later, I still don't know everything. But I now know who I am. I know who God is. And I know that God's light it real."
If you have time today or in your week watch this video. It's my favorite Mormon Message. It's about finding hope and not giving up on yourself..which is what we all need from time to time. Getting answers to prayers will only come if we act. Acting is key to building our faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-07-006-the-hope-of-gods-light?lang=eng#p3s:361220&p3e:389020 

1. 4th of July In-N-Out shake and fries
2. Another basic scorpion picture. Ps I was crying while I took this
3. Sister Christensen tried to take our picture 
4. Sister C's insane dog
5. Rad foot tan
6. ANOTHER zone selfie (R.I.P. Elder Shively and Bailey)
7. The Fleming's kids 








1 comment:

  1. okay I was so sad when I found out you were leaving our stake I may or may not have cried for ten min when I found out:/ don't forget to come back and visit. hope you get zoned back!!! love you, paola blanco:)

    ReplyDelete