Monday, August 1, 2016

Blood, sweat, and tears.

So this week was pretty rad. Tuesday started off with a blood drive. I wish I could say that I was hard core while giving blood, but I definitely let out a scream when he up the needle into my arm. I also fell asleep when I was giving blood. haha
Tuesday night Sister Kranc came with me on exchanges. We were sitting on the beds and we look up and there was a huge cockroach. While she was trying to catch it in a jar a spider the size of my palm came out from behind the curtains! It's safe to say that she and I freaked out and definitely slept in the living room that night.
Thursday night Sister Wheeler, the Mission President's wife, came out with us on splits. She is the cutest thing ever! She went tracting with us and was so embarrassed when a 70 year old man came to the door shirtless. What she doesn't realize is that happens way more often than it should.
On Friday our whole zone went to the Gilbert Temple. I loved it so much. It's definitely what I needed to make it through this next 3 weeks. So this beautiful picture of the sunset isn't really a sunset. Sister Burton and I stopped to take a picture of it, and realized that it was a dust storm! We biked as fast as we could to the Tui'one's house. Good thing we ended up there for a while..she filled me full of cheesecake. Let's see how big I can get on my mission. Yesterday we were visiting a new family in the ward and I felt kind of sick. I went to their bathroom and threw up all over. I don't think my body agrees with the heat. I hope everyone has an amazing week. Remember to go hard or go home! But don't really go home. Stay golden. ☀
If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest of times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. We never need feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord's service because we never are.
 
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-01-003-mountains-to-climb?lang=eng
1. Giving blood..I don't think I'll do that again.
2. Sister Kranc and I
3. The dust storm "sunset"
4. rad picture of the Gilbert Temple during the lightning storm
5. It's safe to say that Sister Kranc and I got really scared. Also we'd do great in a horror movie
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment