Monday, August 15, 2016

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 20, too

See what I did there?
This week has been so amazing! We picked up 5 new investigators, and one of them is on date. Aaron, a guy who got baptized in my first area, his dad is in the area right next to my new area...and he's getting baptized this weekend! The Lord really works miracles when you do everything that you're supposed to.
This week we had FHA with our zone. It was so much fun. These guys are such weirdos, but it makes it fun!
I'm also hitting my slump day this Wednesday (6 months). It's insane how much time flies by when you're doing what you're supposed to.
I'm so thankful for my trails and for everyone who has helped me get to where I am today. Thank you for all who have put up with me, who believed in me when I didn't believe in myself, who taught me and helped me get on a mission. I'm so glad that I'm here on a mission. There's no where else I'd rather be, and I couldn't imagine not having all of these people in my life.
I've gained such a strong testimony since I've been out. In these short 6 months I've gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon, eternal families, the restoration of the gospel, and of the Temple. I know that all of these things were put here on the earth so that we could use them fully and get back to our Father in Heaven one day. I'm so glad that I'm in Arizona, even though it's a million degrees, teaching people about these things and helping them come closer to our Savior.
Also huge shout out to my angel mother who grew me for 9 months, and has taken care of me for 240 months. Also the best thing my companion has ever told me about turning 20 is:"You should be really proud of yourself. You made it past your teens. That means you made it out of the teen pregnancy statistics." Thank you Sister, B.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-09-016-wrong-roads?lang=eng#d
"When something doesn't seem to be going just right. We stay in. We keep working. We keep believing.Keep trusting, following that same path, and we will live to fall in His arms and feel His embrace and hear Him say, "I told you it would be OK. I told you it would be all right."
STAY GOLDEN EVERYONE! ☀
1. My Zone.
2. Sister Burton and I met Satan this week. (The cat..not the little girl).
3. The Silos!
4,5,6,&7. What a birthday looks like at 5:30 am. Excuse the ugly






No comments:

Post a Comment