Monday, September 12, 2016

Change is a good thing

Nothing really happened this week. I can say that football season stinks on a mission. People either don't want to talk to you because they're watching the game, or they invite you in to watch the game...which you can't.
Also the best part of my mission was an LBGT LDS Support group FHE that we went to at the Torriente's house 2 weeks ago. It was so much fun! The people there loved that we were there. We made it known that we didn't support their way of life, but that we loved them because they are children of God. One of the guys came up and hugged me and thanked us for being there. He said it was so nice to see real missionaries talking to gays. It made me feel so good. You never know how something so simple could change someone's mind.
So I think everyone who's been on a mission or has had a sibling or child who has gone on a mission knows that missions are hard. This week has definitely been a difficult one. With all things that are hard and try us, they break us down then build us back up. That's what my mission is doing..it's building me back up into the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be. It's what every mission - and every trial - will do if you let it.
Change is a good thing. That's one of the biggest lessons that I've learned on my mission. You're supposed to change. That's what we're sent here to do. To change and grow closer to our Father in Heaven so that we can make it back to him one day.
This Saturday I got permission to go to the temple with Sister Koyle. She and I did a session together and ended up in a Spanish session. It was so amazing. It was one of the most spiritual experiences that I've had at the temple. As I was sitting in the Celestial room I cried my eyes out. I know that this gospel is true. I know that we go through trials for a reason. I know that my family can be together for eternity. I KNOW that this gospel can change lives.
STAY GOLDEN ☀

1. Sometimes you need to make a hair change.
2. One of my favorite quotes by President Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment