Monday, October 3, 2016

It's been real Highland

This week has definitely been an amazing one.
2 Pday's ago we tie dyed shirts together, last Pday we had a talent show, and this Pday we're playing games together. This zone is so rad. Too bad I'm leaving.
This week I went on exchanges with Sister Rigby in my area. We were biking and came across a member we've been trying to get in with for a while. He is Hispanic and was going on and on about how there are no Hispanic members in this ward. I looked at him and said "Brother Sanchez..you do know that there is a Spanish ward and that's where most of them go to..right?" He got so upset that he didn't know there was a Spanish ward. Poor man.
Sister B and I were tracking and the ONLY person that opened the door talked to us for about 45 minutes about marijuana and the presidential debate. He went on and on. I bet each of us got 1 word in. After he was done he thanked us for the chat and closed the door. It was the best OYM I've had on my mission. haha
One of the most awkward things that's happened my whole mission: last Sunday there was a primary program in one of our wards. One of the member's of our ward had here sister and her fiance there with her. He was one of the guys that I went on some dates with at BYUI. It's too small of a world!
On a spiritual note: Conference was this weekend. How amazing was that? If you didn't get a chance to watch General Conference..PLEASE go do it! One of the quotes that really stood out to me was from President Uchtdorf. It said something around the lines of "We walk a path of diamonds, but we can barely distinguish them from pebbles."
It's amazing how true and sad that is. Do we truly appreciate this gospel and all that we have, or do we take it for granted? This week try and take the time to look at the good things in your life rather than the bad and to truly appreciate the gospel in your life. The good is all around us. We just need to stop and take time to appreciate everything that Heavenly Father has given us. I know that when I do that..I feel so much better. I feel more joy and happiness. All of us can feel that if we just stop and take time.
Have a wonderful week everyone!
1&2.  Highland Zone
3. just a little bit of the "talent" show last week.
4. Me as a piece of toast. #stillsnapping











 

No comments:

Post a Comment