Monday, January 23, 2017

What the flip was grandma doin at the sand dunes?


 
First things first. I'm the realest, but really. Does anyone know how to teach someone the gospel in Chinese? We're in a pickle.
To explain..there's a lady in our ward who is from China, and she has a foreign exchange student who she is making take the lessons from us..this poor boy doesn't know how to speak English, and the mom can speak very little English. Our lesson was a hot mess. We gave him the pamphlets in Chinese, but he was still lost. haha Let's see how many foreigners I can teach that DON'T speak English. We went to a food kitchen as a whole zone this week, and we were in some tight quarters with the 14 of us. We had to fill boxes with food, and while I was bent down putting some cans in a box Elder Kestners hiney brushed against my face. Then I accidentally grabbed an Elders hand while I was reaching for Sister Anderson's hand. Can someone say awko taco?

On Saturday morning we did some more service with the zone at Amy's farm. It's a refuge for animals who have been abused. Sisters A&F got to walk the Alpacas, and Sister Bischoff and I got to walk some goats. Sister Anderson spoon fed a pig and got attacked by the goats. It was so funny! She made one of the Elders paint the goats horns sparkly. 
We had Family Home Afternoon with our zone this week! It was fun as well. We came up with our Star Wars Names. which is the first 3 letters of your last name, the first 2 of your first name, and then your last name is the first 2 letters of your moms name and the first 3 letters of the town you were born in. My name came out to be "KilMi JeHat". We played apples to apples, and we all just DIED laughing the whole time! It's nice to get together and kind of relax. 
MARIAH GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! I love her so much! She is so amazing and so golden. I just want to be friends with her my whole life. Which can happen because she's my age. I love the spirit that comes during a baptism. Especially this one. After she came out of the water and hugged us..I just started balling. There's nothing greater than seeing someone take the step to come closer to our Father in Heaven. 

https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/collection/childrens-bible-videos/baptism

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK EVERYONE!

1. Sister Anderson, Mariah, and Myself :)
2. What 50 degrees looks like in AYZEE. What yall don't see is that I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt, tights, and a thick pair of socks. Arizona has made me a baby. 
3. My zone. Well, the part that didn't get cut off. 
4. Since everything in Arizona is designed to kill you..I decided I'd tell you about the things you can find here. Cactus for the week: Saguaro. It can't grow an arm until it's 75 years old, and each arm takes about 10 years to fully grow. They can grow over 70 feet tall. You're welcome for these facts that may or may not be true. I'm just going off of what my companion tells me. 










 


No comments:

Post a Comment