Monday, February 13, 2017

85&FINE

HEEEELLO EVERYONE! Everything is so rad. I love my mission, my insane companion, this gospel, and AYZEE. I'm dying that this is Sister Anderson's last transfer. I can't see myself being with another companion, but we don't have to worry about that mess for another 5 weeks. 
Anyway! Sister Anderson and I thought we were going to have a productive transfer day this transfer. Well we were 100% wrong. We went to the dentist and spent a good 3 hours there because she had surprise work that needed to be done. Then we went to the soup kitchen. I love the soup kitchen so much! I love the feeling that I get when I serve others. 
On Friday I got volunteered to go to a 6 week training meeting with the new sister in our zone, Sister Sperry. It was so much fun! We haven't had a training in a long time, and it was so nice to be reminded and pumped up on what I'm doing here as a missionary and a servant of the Lord. We had a lesson with Avalyn this week! She's the cutest little girl ever. Well, this week she told us that she wants to get baptized! I'm so excited. Also I told her if she prayed..I'd play a game with her. haha 
On Saturday we went to Amy's Refuge Farm and played with the animals again! That night we helped with the Pinewood Derby races. Those things are so serious. I don't think I realized that before my mission. These boys were savage while they were racing their cars. 
My wonderful companion volunteered us to give talks in church, so we both spoke yesterday, and good news! I didn't throw up or pass out, but I did cry a little bit. 
So since I'm going to be with sister Anderson until March..that means I'm going to be Junior Companion for 13 months of my mission. I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing yet. 
This week it got up to 85 degrees, and I'M LOVING IT! Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when He sent me to Arizona. 

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/a-witness-of-god?lang=eng
This is a General Conference talk by Elder Anderson that I had to base my talk off of. I love it so incredibly much! Here's a little bit of what he says: "I suggest that you stop feeling guilty about any insufficiency you think you have in sharing the gospel. Rather, pray “to stand as [a witness] of God.” This is a much stronger motivation than guilt."

1-3. Sister Anderson and I 
4. Happy VDAY. 
5. Avalyn showing me how to play Watch Ya Mouth
6. This is a furry cactus. It looks like it's nice a cuddly. It doesn't look like it could do a lot of harm, BUT if you touch it tons and tons of little prinkly things get into your hands. Trust me.








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment