Monday, February 20, 2017

One Year Down.

So this week was pretty raaad (but when are my weeks not rad?) 1. because it was Arizona's birthday. 2. I celebrated my year mark! 

On Valentine's day we had a lesson with Mariah. It's awesome to see people progress even after they've joined the church! We got to go to the Rockin R Ranch with Brother and Sister Reed! It was so much fun. It's this cute little Western dinner theatre! We went to the soup kitchen as normal, and this week I was helping hand the food out instead of being in the back making boxes of food for people. It took everything inside of me not to bust out in tears. I think I, and a lot of other people, take for granted that we have a house, food, and water. That we don't have to worry about where our next meal comes from. These people don't have that, and it makes me feel like a horrid person because I take for granted everything that I have..even as a missionary. Let us all remember and be thankful for everything that we have! (Alma 26:11,12,&16)

We haven't heard from one of our less active members, Debbie, for a few weeks now, and the other day she asked us if we could come over and give her a lesson. We did, and her non member mom had moved in with her. Her mom, Diana, told us that she has been meeting with the Elders in Apache Junction, and that she wants to get baptized! So we're going to finish teaching Diana and baptize her! It's amazing how Heavenly Father works. 
Thinks are looking up! Well..besides Sister Anderson peacing out soon. 
We had a mission fireside last night..where recent converts came up and bore their testimonies of the gospel and shared their conversion stories of how they came to know that this church was true. I definitely needed it. Sometimes you need a kick in the hiney to remind you of how much you love what you know. I know that this is the true gospel on the earth today. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much, and that they would do anything for us to come to them. I know that none of us are really ever lost. We're always in the sight of our God, and He is always waiting for us to come back to Him. I know that there is an prophet on the earth today that helps guide us to where our Father in Heaven wants us to be. 

I hope everyone has an amazing week! 

1. package from Aunt Shonda :) 
2-4. My babe companion and myself
5. ONE YEAR PICTURE
6-8. Burning my skirt and shirt






















No comments:

Post a Comment