Monday, February 6, 2017

Transfer 9 of 12. D Ridge round 4.

This week was so amazing! I know I say that every week, but the mission gets better and better each week. ALSO I'M STAYING IN DRIGE WITH SISTER ANDERSON!! I'm so pumped!
Well we had a lesson with a referral the Elders gave us. She is absolutely amazing! Her name is Cynthia, and she has 2 children. Her little boy freaks out whenever he sees us and gives me Pokemon cards. It's so cute! Well, we taught Cynthia the first lesson, which is the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and she was so in awe the whole time we taught her. When I shared the First Vision with her..she teared up and was grinning ear to ear. It's amazing the little things we take for granted that we grow up knowing. Like reading the scriptures, prayer, our relationship with God.
We went to dinner with one of the members we've been teaching, Rob. Well we went to this ghetto Chinese Buffet (which made my WHOLE life) and Rob brought a date. haha it was the best dinner I've had my whole mission. Sister Anderson and I tried raw fish, sushi, and octopus. I may not be in a foreign mission, but we sometimes eat like we are. 
We went to visit a less active (who's a complete bro) with one of our ward missionaries, while we were talking to him our ward mission leader and the stake mission leader showed up. Talk about being lead by the spirit. Great minds think alike.
We went to Amy's Animal Farm this Saturday as a zone. She rescues all kinds of pets. Alpacas, pigs, and really anything you can think of. This lady put on me one of those papoose things you put a baby in, and put a baby goat in it. The goat ended up peeing on me, BUT I was happier than a pig in the mud when I was holding that kid. 

I LOVE this gospel with all of my heart! I may not know everything, but I'm learning each and every day. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with one of our recent converts, and even though I've watched it about 50 times on my mission..it STILL and always will amaze me at everything the early Saints went through to follow the Savior and to be members of this church.
 https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/testimony-of-the-book-of-mormon-2
Stay amazing everyone! 

1&2. Our ratchet zone
3. The kid I got to hold
4. EVERY time we see the elders. I scream and get so excited...and then I realize I'm a missionary, too. 
5. My ratty companion. I'm actually jealous that I can't ride my bike with no hands. 











No comments:

Post a Comment