Monday, March 27, 2017

You had me at Gilbert

This week was super sad. Sister Anderson went home! sending a companion home is hard, but it's even more hard after you've been together for almost 5 months. 
But I got a new companion this week, which is super fun! Her name is Sister Johnston, and she's from Great Falls, Montana! She's been out for 4 months. She's pretty rad. 
This week we had the General Women's session of conference. It was so amazing! I love listening to the Apostles and Prophet of our Father in Heaven. The Second Counselor in the General Primary Presidency shared this scripture. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.“In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” then she went on to say :"When we spiritually lean to our own understanding, we lean away from our Savior. If we lean, we are not centered; we are not balanced; we are not focused on Christ. …We must each ask: How do I keep centered and lean not to my own understanding? How do I recognize the voice of the Savior when the voices of the world are so compelling? How do I cultivate trust in the Savior?" and it got me thinking about these questions..and am I REALLY focusing on the Savior and leaning on His teachings? Let us always remember to follow the example of our Savior and His teachings. I know that because Christ suffered for our sins..that we have a built in friend. We always have someone to talk to about the trials we go through, because He has felt the same pains and joys that we have. 



1. Last Pday
2. LoLo's Chicken and Waffles
3. Last Zone. Of course I was talking in the picture. 
4. Just hanging with the Elders.
5. One eyed willie
6. Sister Johnson and myself








No comments:

Post a Comment