Monday, April 10, 2017

Ask of God


This week was absolutely amazing. After the week my companion and I have had..I could never deny Heavenly Father or this Gospel. 
It started off with Diane and her baptism. Diane has stage 4 cancer, and she wasn't doing well at all when we went over Wednesday morning. She and her daughters told us that she wanted to get baptized before she passed. It was amazing how everyone got together and worked together to make her baptism happen. Our ward mission leader, Bishop, and a member of our mission presidency (President Lowder) came over to give her a blessing and talk to her about being baptized. When we first got to Diane's house..she could barely speak and she was in so much pain. After her blessing she was herself again. She was still in pain, but she was talking, eating, and had so much energy. President Lowder called a member who has a patient transport business, and he came to Diane's house and loaded her up on a stretcher, and drove her to the church building. There the elders, along with president Lowder, carried her into the font and baptized her. The spirit was so strong during her baptism. All I could do was sit there and cry - a good cry of course. I know I had nothing to do with this miracle that happened. 
Saturday we went to the Rockin R Ranch and helped with a special needs fundraiser. I love those kids. Their spirits are so sweet, pure, and kind. 
This week we also got to go to a sealing of a family in our ward. 
It makes me so excited to one day be sealed to my own family so soon! 
 I know Heavenly Father knows the desires of our hearts, and that if we just ask..He will help us. He is always waiting there, willing to help us. 
https://history.lds.org/story/first-vision?lang=eng
1. Some of the Sisters 
2. Sister Weyand and I
3. Frog Legs
4. DIANE'S BAPTISM!
5. After the baptism
6. The Buchholzer fam 










No comments:

Post a Comment