Monday, May 15, 2017

Just hanging in Oakland and Compton

I got transferred to the Higley Zone! 
I'm over the Summerfield, Higley, and Lyon's Gate wards. I love them so much! 
My new companion is Sister Patrick, and she's pretty rad. She's from Ohio, and she went to BYU Hawaii. 
My new zone is awesome, and it's fun that I've served around a lot of them before. 
We have 11 neighborhoods, and 3 wards. Bless this mess. Sister P told me that she and I would be biking around 40 or more miles a day. I thought she was joking...now I wish she was joking. We're in an all biking area. HELP. 
This week was really just meeting all of the bishops and leaders of the ward. 
So small miracles from this week. On the day of transfers, this old man came up to me and told me that our Zone Leaders lived with him. Turns out..this man served his mission in Hattiesburg, Mississippi when my Grandpa Lonnie was stake president!! He knows tons and tons of my family. 
On Friday Sister P and I were tracting in our Lyon's Gate neighborhood, and someone pulled up in their car beside us. It was Marie Miller, the mom of two of the girls I taught in Highland - Gracie and Avery! She told me that their inactive dad lives 2 streets down from us, and that the girls would be with him for 2 or 3 weeks in June! I'm so excited to surprise those girls I can't stand it. 
Those are some of my small miracles. 
On Saturday we went back to my old area to go to Dianne Whitecloude's memorial (we're not allowed to call it a funeral). It was so wonderful to hear stories about her when she was younger. After the memorial, President Lowder went to Dianne's family and told them to write their name down if they'd like to hear what the missionaries have to say, and talk to them for just an hour. 5 people wrote their names down. It's amazing how teaching ONE person impacts so many other lives. 
I've been able to see that lately as I've gotten further and further out on my mission. Things connect. Lives connect. There are no such thing as coincidences. Heavenly Father makes everything happen in our lives for a reason. We don't know it at the time, but as we look back at all the pieces that have fallen into place..we realize it. Keep your heads up and keep moving forward!











No comments:

Post a Comment