Monday, March 27, 2017

You had me at Gilbert

This week was super sad. Sister Anderson went home! sending a companion home is hard, but it's even more hard after you've been together for almost 5 months. 
But I got a new companion this week, which is super fun! Her name is Sister Johnston, and she's from Great Falls, Montana! She's been out for 4 months. She's pretty rad. 
This week we had the General Women's session of conference. It was so amazing! I love listening to the Apostles and Prophet of our Father in Heaven. The Second Counselor in the General Primary Presidency shared this scripture. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.“In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” then she went on to say :"When we spiritually lean to our own understanding, we lean away from our Savior. If we lean, we are not centered; we are not balanced; we are not focused on Christ. …We must each ask: How do I keep centered and lean not to my own understanding? How do I recognize the voice of the Savior when the voices of the world are so compelling? How do I cultivate trust in the Savior?" and it got me thinking about these questions..and am I REALLY focusing on the Savior and leaning on His teachings? Let us always remember to follow the example of our Savior and His teachings. I know that because Christ suffered for our sins..that we have a built in friend. We always have someone to talk to about the trials we go through, because He has felt the same pains and joys that we have. 


​

1. Last Pday
2. LoLo's Chicken and Waffles
3. Last Zone. Of course I was talking in the picture. 
4. Just hanging with the Elders.
5. One eyed willie
6. Sister Johnson and myself








No comments:

Post a Comment